Regular Service Times:
- Church temporarily closed due to Covid-19
In 1102 Robert de Hay made a gift of land and money to help establish a Benedictine Priory at Bassaleg, dedicated to St. Basil. Roger de Berechrolles, who dwelt at Rogerstone Castle, confirmed a gift of land to the Benedictines. In 1213 a further grant of three acres was made by Isabel Countess of Gloucester.