Why Pay By Standing Order?
Deciding to donate to the parish by Standing Order is a quick and easy way to regularly support the work of the parish. If you decide to give by Standing Order then there is no need to put anything on the collection plate, and your regular contribution can be received even while you are away. You and God know your planned giving and that is what matters. A number of parishioners from around the All Saints communities use this means of supporting our Parish.
Advantages of Using Standing Orders
- Giving by standing order is enormously helpful to the church, the finance committee and you.
- It makes administration much easier by not having to open, count and record envelopes and keep them for 6 years.
- It is more secure than taking cash to the bank.
- It helps the finance committee to judge the cash flow situation making the job easier and minimises bank charges.
- Standing orders mean no more last minute desperate searches for cash to put in the envelopes.
- Standing orders mean that if you forget the envelope, but still put money on the plate, the Church is entitled to the Gift Aid refund from the government.
- Easy to set up with your bank via online banking or by completing a simple form found below and taking it to your bank.
How do I increase my Standing Order?
Simply contact your bank and ask them to increase the amount. You do not need to tell anyone at the church.
Can I cancel the Order if circumstance change?
Yes you can – simply contact your bank and ask them to cancel the Standing Order.
Won’t people notice if I don’t put anything into the collection plate?
If you wish to set up a Standing Order donation but feel uncomfortable about letting the plate ‘pass you by’, simply contact the parish office and we can arrange a series of cards you can drop onto the plate saying you donate by Standing Order.
Gift Aid it!
Gift Aid is an income tax relief designed to benefit charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASC). If you’re a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid increases the value of your charity donations by 25% because the charity can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gift at no extra cost to you.
Gift Aid gives the parish an extra 25p for every £1 you donate.
To enrol, please download the form below and send into the Parish Office